Passports and VisasThe entrance in Burkina Faso is conditioned by a valid passport and a visa for most foreign visitors except nationals of member countries of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
For more information, contact the embassies or consular services in Burkina Faso.
CustomsCustoms control is carried out at the entrance of the country.
- An international certificate of vaccination against yellow fever is required.
- It is recommended to get vaccinated against cholera.
- Treatment against malaria based on quinine is recommended before, during and after the stay.
- Animals: A vaccine against rabies is required.
- Pest control for food, animal and plant products is needed. It is recommended that travelers obtain the phytosanitary certificate prior to departure.
ArmsAny visitor wishing to enter Burkina Faso with a firearm must first submit an application for temporary permit to carry a gun to the Director of National Security.